Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Liebster Award! A fun tag-along

Trying something fun today. It's a tag-along designed to introduce a new blogger -- in this case, me!  :)

I've been nominated by author Charlene L. Roberts. Check out Charlene's fun facts, books, and blog here
Charlene L Roberts' Books


Here are the Liebster Award details ~
  • Thank the person who nominated you.  *Thank you Charlene!*
  • Post 11 random facts about yourself. 
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you. 
  • Think of a new set of eleven questions and nominate eleven others
    to answer them.
  • Use your social media to spread the word about this fabulous new blog. :)

Unfortunately, I don't have 11 people to follow along, just a few. Everyone is super busy these days. So, without further ado, here are my 11 facts:

  1. I’ve walked on fire three times. I’ll bet you’re thinking once would be enough! It was transcendent. There’s something about stepping beyond instinctual fear. No, I didn’t get burned and yes, I could have cooked a steak on the coals.
  2. I once had a pet chicken who weighed 48 lbs. No kidding.
  3. I've forgotten how to drive stick. Contrary to popular opinion, driving a standard is not like bike riding in its total recall, no matter who says otherwise.
  4. I once owned a purple AMC Gremlin (back in the day) and shared one gas cap with every other Gremlin owner in Chicago.  Let your imagination run with that.  ;)
  5. Ski ball is my favorite arcade game.
  6. I’m a World drummer. My collection of drums from all over the world takes up a lot of space. My friends are fellow drummers and we often gather to make music. It’s curious, but we’re so in sync when we play, we often stop at the same time without being prompted. We’ve considered making professional music CD’s but haven’t done this yet. The recordings we have made are really very good... I'd buy it!
  7. I love seeing hot air balloons in the sky but chickened out on the gift my husband gave me for my 40th birthday. Sorry honey.
  8. I can do seven moves in Cat's Cradle (my grandma taught me.)
  9. I can roll my tongue. Try it, not everyone can!
  10. I'm a very fast reader & take great pains to slow down when I read aloud. My brain has already read it before my lips even begin to stumble over words.
  11. I'm a dead-eye shot with a rifle
And here are my questions from Charlene:

1. What fear would you like to conquer?
I’m not normally a fearful person but I have a crazy fear of tornadoes and get quite anxious. I’ve come very close to them several times in my life, or I should say, they’ve come close to me. I’ve seen the damage up close and personal.
2. What one place would you travel to for romance? (e.g. writing, going with your significant other, beauty of the place that stirs your soul).
I’d find it hard to choose between England, Scotland, and Ireland. All three have such beautiful places full of history, breathtaking scenery, and magic.
3. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you’d buy?
A piece of land for my husband to happily retire on. No, not without me. ;)
4. A famous producer and director loves your books and wants to launch one into a movie! Which one of your books would you pick?
Funny you should ask! I always have that happy possibility playing in my head when I write. I think they’d all make interesting movies, but Loving Leonardo would make an excellent  movie. There’s a lot to that tale -- love, sensuality, history, adventure, obsession, danger, murder, a bad guy worth hating...
5. What one thing inspires you to write?
I don’t have any one thing. People who have this unusual drive to create literary worlds knows that drive would manifest in one form or another, be it through arts or crafts, or music. It must. Mine just happens to use words.
6. Who is your favourite writer?
I’m mainly an informational reader, but one fiction author I’d never turn down would be Diana Gabaldon.
7. What is your favourite time of the year?
Hands down that would be autumn. So many reasons…V’s of geese flying in the sky, trees ablaze with color, crunchy leaves under my feet. Getting the urge to make pots of soup or bake bread. Lots of reasons. :)
8. Early Bird or Night Owl?
Early bird definitely. I’ve a very healthy circadian rhythm and wake with the sun.
9. Did you have a favourite job? What was it and why?
I taught middle school science. That was the most fun I’ve ever had. That was long ago, so I have to say, writing is my favorite.
10. Favourite song? One that gets you up and moving, or relaxes you deeply?
I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash makes me happy to hear it. I love music though, most can flip my switch. Fiddles and drums can get me rockin'
11. If you could live in a genre (e.g. Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Regency), what would you pick and why?
I would live in Sci-Fi and I’d pick the world of Gene Roddenberry to live in. When he created Star Trek, he created a perfect universe for earth to be a part of. On earth they’d gotten to a time of no hunger, no poverty, no pollution, no greed and want. Just perfect human potential and a wide universe to explore. Yes, I would like that. Make it so.


And for my nominees, here are my questions for you!

  1.     As a person who understands how to use words, what's your favorite most evocative word?
  2.     Do you have a favorite quote? 
  3.     A favorite holiday?
  4.     If could have a super power for a day, what would it be and why?  
  5.     Is there one candy bar that you'd choose above all others? 
  6.     What's your favorite flower?
  7.     What's your preference for the hero/heroine: long-hair, short, or bald? Explain your choice.
  8.     Money, education and fears aside, other than writing, what three careers would you have?
  9.     If you could choose an animal for a mascot, what animal would it be?
  10.     When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? 
  11.     As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Be sure to stop back often. I may have more cool author blogs to introduce you to. And to get you started, heres the next Liebster Award recipient:

Berengaria Brown
Rose Anderson – Love Waits in Unexpected Places
WEBSITE | BUY eBOOKS & PAPERBACK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+
TUMBLR | PINTEREST | FACEBOOK

Coming soon! 
Lucky in Love