Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The A to Z Blogging Challenge & a little insecurity

Even though I have a ton of things to keep me busy, I've signed myself up for the A to Z Challenge. What is that, you ask? Here's a paraphrased snippet taken from Arlee Bird's TossingItOut blog to explain. (Arlee is the mastermind behind this ambitious project.)

The A to Z Challenge -- post the letter of the alphabet every day during the month of April, with Sundays off for good behavior. We will start with A on Monday April 1st. Whether you go with a theme or freestyle, your post must match the letter of the alphabet for that day.
In a nutshell, I liked this idea! It sounds like fun for a Wordie like me. Stop at my main blog http://calliopeswritingtablet.com/ to see what the post is each day. I love information of all sorts, including facts and trivia, so I guarantee the A to Z topics will be interesting.

۞>>>>۞<<<<۞

I've also discovered something called The Insecure Writer's Support Group. From what I've gathered, it's purpose is to share and encourage with others who also have this drive to manifest through words. Alex Cavanaugh created this network. I found these details on her website
http://alexjcavanaugh.blogspot.com .
"Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!" "The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time."
I know I struggle from time to time. I don't think a week goes by where I don't ask myself am I doing this right?
Well here goes --
What about promotion? It seems like I promote more than I write! Promo being what it is, I often find my daily allotment of creativity gets used up this way. I've also found there are times when my head is so wrapped up in what I have to do next...my blogs, guest blogs, interviews, blog hops, group postings, etc etc etc, that I almost go mute in face-to-face interaction with people. I seriously don't know what is worth doing and what isn't.

Now there's a broad smear of insecurity! Now I'm off to read a few insecure writer's blogs before I make dinner. :)

۞>>>>۞<<<<۞

Rose Anderson – Love Waits in Unexpected Places
WEBSITE | BUY eBOOKS & PAPERBACK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+
TUMBLR | PINTEREST | FACEBOOK

۞>>>>۞<<<<۞